Previous Seed Fund grant recipients are encouraged to apply for up to $50,000 in commercialization funding after completing the Lab2Market Oceans Validate program.
- Extension grants are available for research teams at Dalhousie University and Memorial University who have received previous Seed funding.
- Teams must first complete one of the following programs before applying for this extension grant: Lab2Market Oceans, Lab2Market Validate, or Lab au Marché Validation. The Lab2Market (L2M) Oceans programs:
- Trains students/postdocs and principal investigators on entrepreneurial thinking and methodologies and focuses the next steps of research and innovation development based on in-depth market research and customer discovery.
- Provides a competitive stipend for the participating researcher (Masters, Doctorate, Postdoc).
- Opportunity for the extension grant to advance the research to the next fundable stage of development (25%).
- Consideration of commercialization opportunity and strategy (25%).
- Insights leveraged from L2M to focus and advance research (25%).
- Robustness of EDIA strategy (25%).
- Apply for one of the three Lab2Market programs:
- Applications for Seed Fund extension grants will be considered on a rolling basis until funding is allocated. Future funding is not guaranteed.
How to apply
Have questions or need more information? Contact Eric Siegel, our Chief Innovation Officer.