The Ocean Frontier Institute (OFI) is thrilled to announce an exciting new campaign: Making Waves is a weekly series that will profile OFI research projects, and most importantly, the talented people behind them.
The series will focus on projects connected to the Safe and Sustainable Development of the Ocean Frontier: a $94M research program funded by the Canada First Research Excellence Fund. With a focus on interdisciplinary research, this program aims to understand key aspects of ocean and ecosystem change and develop strategic and effective solutions to complex ocean challenges.
OFI will share a new video each week on our social channels. We recently highlighted Aaron Judah’s Seed Fund project focused on Diversity of Nature. Upcoming profiles will include:
OFI Large Research Projects
- Ian Gardner (New Models of Salmon Health Management)
- Joao Romero (New models of Salmon Health Management)
- Craig Brown (Benthic Ecosystem Mapping for Sustainable Ocean Stewardship in a Shifting Ocean Climate)
- Jon Grant (Novel Sensors for Fish Health and Welfare)
- Jennie Korus (Novel Sensors for Fish Health and Welfare)
- Lisandra Cavelli (Social License and Planning in Coastal Communities)
- Tyler Eddy (Sustainable Capture Fisheries and their Ecosystems)
- Ron Pelot (Safe Navigation and Environmental Protection)
- Claire Boteler (Auditing the Northwest Atlantic Carbon Sink)
OFI Seed Fund Projects
- Desai Shan (Canadian Maritime Welfare Governance System: A Gap Analysis)
- Keith MacMaster (Sustainable Development and Seabed Mining Environmental Performance Guarantees, Precaution and the Polluter Pays Principle)