Dalhousie University and its partner universities were recently awarded $154 million in funding for Transforming Climate Action: Addressing the Missing Ocean from the Canada First Research Excellence Fund.
A celebratory event will be held on May 12 with reception to follow.
- Honorable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
- Honorable Andy Fillmore, Member of Parliament for Halifax and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry
- Alice Aiken, Vice-President of Research and Innovation at Dalhousie University
- Frank Harvey, President of Dalhousie University
- Neil Bose, President and Vice Chancellor of Memorial University
- Martin Fortier, Deputy Vice Rector, Research and Innovation, International and Knowledge Mobilisation, Université Laval
- Anya Waite, Chief Executive Officer and Scientific Director of the Ocean Frontier Institute, and Associate Vice-President of Research (Ocean) at Dalhousie University
- Marcel Babin, Laureate - Canada Excellence Research Chair, Remote Sensing of Canada New Arctic Frontier
- Baiyu (Helen) Zhang, Canada Research Chair in Coastal Environmental Engineering at Memorial University
- Geneviève Therriault, Desjardins Research Chair in Environmental Education and Sustainable Development, L'Université du Québec à Rimouski